On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 8:57 AM, Melanie Pfefer
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> hi again,
>
>  I am using apache as a reverse proxy to a tomcat server running ssl. In
> httpd.conf:
>
>  SSLProxyEngine On
>  SSLProxyCACertificatePath /usr/local/apache2/conf/ssl
>  RewriteRule ^/(abc.*) https://backend:8443/$1 [P,L]
>
>  and url proxying is working.
>  however I noticed that the tomcat user session is not preserved. How to
> preserve the user session?

That depends. What does tomcat use to preserve the user session? Does
everything work as expected when using the  webapp directly on the
tomcat server?

What it might be is that your webapp sends a cookie, but not with the
right cookiedomain set. In this case the client's browser will not
sent the cookie back, and your webapp won't know who the request comes
from.

Possible solutions:
- Ask the developers to set the correct cookiedomain in the webapp.
- You may need to set the ProxyPassReverseCookieDomain and
ProxyPassReverseCookiePath directives. See:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_proxy.html#proxypassreversecookiedomain

Krist

--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]