On Mon, Jul 21, 2008 at 8:51 AM, Merton Campbell Crockett
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On 20 Jul 2008, at 19:19:07, Mohammad Kargar - Indicee wrote:
>
> I'm using the following configuration to setup my local Apache as a reverse
> proxy for the app server (let's call ithttp://www.backend.com/). The problem
> is that apache server redirects all the requests to /mytest/ to the backend
> (http://www.backend.com/) instead of transparently providing the content
> from it.
>
> Does anybody know what I'm missing here?
>
> You probably want to use mod_rewrite.  Look at one of Ralph Engelschall's
> monographs that provides insight on how to use it.

Ouch. That's a little like responding to someone who asked the
question "I'd like a glass of water please" with the response "Take a
look at these three advanced chemistry books."

There is nothing inherently wrong with the initial config setup posted
by Mohammad. The question is to figure out where the redirect is
coming from and why it isn't getting rewritten by ProxyPassReverse.
There is a good chance the redirect is coming from some javascript or
something similar on the back-end that can't be rewritten at the HTTP
header level.

So your first step should be to look at exactly what content the
back-end is returning in response to the requests and figure out why
they trigger a redirect at the browser. If you need help doing this,
people on this list can probably suggest some tracing tools.

Joshua.