Hi,

Wow that is a very technical and helpful post.

I think the tool should be flexible Because Apache is flexible. Regarding
maintaining a web server with multiple configuration, I think the tool
should handle every configuration as a separate item. This will ease things.

Regarding that some control panels break from changing the configuration
file manually, I think the tool will not have such a problem. The tool can
give the user the option to ignore some directives.

One final note, I do not want to rush things now. I really want to at least
start the tool and let it handle some basic configuration and get feedback
from the community. at least we have a proof of concept rather than just a
hypothetical tool.

Regards