* Glen Barber <glen.j.bar...@gmail.com> [2009-02-16 18:10]:
> On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 11:40 AM, John Hudak <jjhu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > DITTO!!!
> > In the 'bad old days' of computing, everything was based on a text file.  It
> > forces one to really understand what is behind the changes.  I for one do
> > not subscribe to the 'dumbing down' of operating systems and certain
> > application via lots of window forms....  If it were easy, any primate could
> > do it, and thats the point...its not always 'that easy'...nor should it be.
>
> Very well stated.

Except for the elitist nonsense, and beside the point, really:
If people think such a hypothetical tool would be useful and want to
write and use such a thing, they should go ahead and do so.
If you think this is nonsense, it's not for you, which is fine.
  It's certainly not for me. But other than stating the reasons why I
think this is not practical and helpful in the real world, why should
I try to convice others to /not/ write duch a thing? Because "some
things should not be easy"?

cheers,
-peter