Mohammed obaidan wrote (in part):
Since Apache is used on more UNIX machines than Windows machines, it
seems that the audience here are Linux users and are willing to edit
the file by a text editor without any helping tool. However, in my
point of view, I think when a Windows user want a simple web server
will go for IIS because it has a GUI. This will affect Apache usage
share, though not that much but at least will have an impact.

As an Apache under Windows user, I would strongly disagree with that statement. The ability to use a GUI had absolutely no bearing on my decision to use Apache over IIS. It was totally based on lack of security of most of the Microsoft products. OK, I might be a little biased due to a problem many years ago when I needed to get a ftp server up that would only be used for one event lasting less than one day. Set up ftp using IIS and got virused within hours even with latest version of IIS and all the updates at the time. Turned out to be a well known security hole that MS had not yet fixed at that time...

Short version is that I could not care less if Apache used a GUI or not.

--
73