On Tue, Apr 21, 2009 at 07:29:59AM -0500, Dondi Williams wrote:
> This EXACTLY what I need....
>
> I believe he wanted something like "Apache should return the appropriate
> homepage, on the base of the UID the user used to login on the PC".
> I don't really think we're talking about LDAP or SQL here..
>
> There is no LDAP or SQL involved. The reason I mentioned PHP is in case
> there was a way to attack the problem through a PHP script. I also have
> MySQL installed and operational.
>
> My family members and I use the same PC in our study (when not on their
> iMacs and laptops). This is primarily the system I use so I have created
> several web pages with links to everything I use or don't want to have to
> remember and add bookmarks for. Now when one of the family members login
> with their Windows ID and call up FireFox (don't use and can't stand IE) I
> would like for there to be a way to have their own "home" page on this
> system.

Is there some reason it is not sufficient to just set each account's
Firefox "start page" to the account owner's personal page?

Edit | Preferences | Main | Startup:

 When Firefox starts:  [Show my home page]
 Home page:  [  url goes here  ]

--
Mark H. Wood, Lead System Programmer   mw...@iupui.edu
Friends don't let friends publish revisable-form documents.