On Thu, Jul 9, 2009 at 3:48 PM, Chintan Kachhi<chintankac...@gmail.com> wrote:
> [To Dan Poirier] I need to go to Websphere to hit the service and that
> requires the port 9080, hence I do that... but this should work and return
> the error message I think since the http server is linked to the Websphere
> through the plugin...  someone correct me if I am wrong.

It's only linked when you ask the WebServer for a page, and it fetches
it from the AppServer. If you ask the AppServer (port 9080) the
webserver isn't involved.

The message you pasted is generated by the browser when it can't
connect to port 9080, where your AppServer is normally listening.

> As for changing the port plugin-cfg.xml to something not listening, I am not
> sure how to do that. Do you change something in the plugin.xml file, or
> within the Websphere admin console?

I did that to illustrate the behavior when the WebSphere Plugin can't
connect to the AppServer. You don't want to change the port.

--
Eric Covener
cove...@gmail.com