On 2010-07-14 09:19, Tapas Mishra wrote:

> When  I am on lan trying to access these sites as
> http://192.168.1.5/dokeos
>  I am getting a 404 not found page.
> The requested URL /dokeos was not found on this server.

That's because "dokeos" doesn't exists in "/var/www/atutor", the
document root for the default vhost.

> When I type http://192.168.1.5/
> I expect to get a directory listing of different websites which are
> present in my /var/www

Why do you expect that? None of the virtual hosts you told us about has
document root "/var/www".

> instead of getting a directory listing I am getting a response from a vhost
> atutor

When Apache get a request for wich no virtual host matches, it is
handled by the default virtual host (normally the first defined one).

In your config, that seems to be your "atutor" host.

The document root for atutor is "/var/www/atutor", not "/var/www".

> (because apache serves vhosts in alpha numeric order)

No, wich vhiost is coinsidered default is based on the order you define
the hosts in, not alphanumeric order.

If you include multiple extra config files in one include statement,
they will be included in alphanumerical order wich can result in vhosts
beeing define in that order if you put them in separate included files.

Regards
/Jonas
--
Jonas Eckerman
Fruktträdet & Förbundet Sveriges Dövblinda