On 2010-07-14 13:19, Tapas Mishra wrote:

>>> When I type http://192.168.1.5/
>>> I expect to get a directory listing of different websites which are
>>> present in my /var/www

>> Why do you expect that? None of the virtual hosts you told us about has
>> document root "/var/www".

> Then what does Option Indexes do I have included that in atutor definition.

It tells the virtual host to create directory listings when a reuqest
comes in for a directory with no index document. That's not the
problem.The Indexes options has not impact on the document root.

You have configured the virtual host "atutor" with a document root of
"/var/www/atutor", not "/var/www".

Your virtual hosts will serve content from their document roots, not
from other arbitrary directories.

>> When Apache get a request for wich no virtual host matches, it is
>> handled by the default virtual host (normally the first defined one).
> The first defined one you mean to say by time of creation of virtual host.

No, I mean the order in wich Apache sees the virtual hosts when reading
it's configuration file.

> What can be a solution in this case

To define a default vhost with the document root you wish the default
host to have.

IFAICT you want a default virtual host with docuent root "/var/www".

Regards
/Jonas
--
Jonas Eckerman
Fruktträdet & Förbundet Sveriges Dövblinda