Hi Mark,

by directive DirectoryIndex you are enumerate files, which will be listed in
case, when client will point only to dorectory. So in case that client will
call http://mythweb/ apache will check existence of files enumerated by
DirectoryIndex. If it is not able to find them, apache try to do autoindex -
display directory in web form.

Autoindex is disabled by Options in your configuration and DirectoryIndex is
not present in directory. Logical result of it is 403.

I hope it will help you.

mh

On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 6:10 PM, Mark Adams <mada...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 25, 2010 at 10:06 AM, Frank Gingras <
> francois.ging...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>  On 25/08/2010 12:05 PM, Mark Adams wrote:
>>
>>> I really hate to bother the group with this issue because my ignorance
>>> about
>>> apache access is so profound. But here goes.
>>>
>>> I was attempting to get mythweb accessible from the Internet and just all
>>> of
>>> a sudden, it was not available (error 403).  I have spent hours editing
>>> the
>>> hddpd.conf file, the mythweb.conf file, file permissions, implementing