Steve: These machines are all on my lan and they are on static IP's.  I've
ditched the "access it from the internet" idea. That will only work if I can
get a second frontend running on my primary web server because my dls
provider has all the ports locked down.

Martin: I added mythweb to the DirectoryIndex and that  is progress, I
guess.  I got a web page that said:

*Warning* at
/var/www/html/mythweb/modules/_shared/tmpl/_errors/db_vars_error.php, line
23:
require(modules/_shared/tmpl/tmpl/header.php)
[function.require<http://pvr/mythweb/function.require>]:
failed to open stream: No such file or directory

The error_log says nothing about it. I've looked as line 23 in
db_vars_error.php and I have no idea what it wants regarding
"modules/_shared/tmpl/tmpl/header.php".

Am I a module short?

Mar

--