From: vancaho [mailto:vanc...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, 16 January 2014 12:44 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] possible FAQ: are Windows binaries for httpd no
longer released?

There are release binaries for Windows, see
<http://www.apachelounge.com/download/>
http://www.apachelounge.com/download/, or you can compile from the source
codes yourself.

2014/1/16 Claude Morin <klodefac...@gmail.com>

Please note that this is not a complaint.  It's more a check of my sanity
and a hope to be pointed in the right direction :-).

I'm unable to find Windows binaries for 2.2.26; only 2.2.25 is available at
apache.org and on all mirrors.  I searched the FAQ and the mailing list
archive and the only relevant thing I found is (emphasis mine):

Q. Why isn't there a binary for my platform?
A. ...The sole exception to these practices is the Windows package. Unlike
most Unix and Unix-like platforms,
Windows systems do not come with a bundled software development environment,
so we do prepare binary kits for
Windows when we make a release. Again, however, it's a voluntary thing and
only a limited number of the developers
have the capability to build the InstallShield package, so the Windows
release may lag somewhat behind the source
release. This lag should be no more than a few days at most.

On a related note, I also noticed that no Windows binary exists for the 2.4
branch, not even an old version.

Taken together, these findings make me think that Windows binary releases
may have ceased formally some time after the release of 2.2.25.

If that's correct, can anyone point me to information about the specific
configuration settings and build environment used for the 2.2.25 release?
If I'm to build from source, I'd like to replicate the build as accurately
as possible.

Thanks in advance for any clarity.