Greetings

Am a noob at server setup installation and configuration.

Running on a Debian 10 Buster box set up as a LAMP stack using versions
1. Debian 10 (Buster)
2. Apache 2.4.38
3. Mariadb 10.3
4. PHP 7.3.11

Being a noob I've been using documents to guide me in the setup and
the configuration of my stack. History has shown me that I'm quite
good at finding some kind of weird way of really confusing things so
all this work is being done on a test system - - - meaning that if
things get bad enough I would just blow the whole system and
everything away and start over but even struggling through all the
'joys' of figuring out the arcanities of how and what - - - - well
that's part of the learning process.

So my first server software install I did to 'localhost' (this is
after all experimental but with the possibility of use after
successful installation/configuration/etc). All software to be served
is for in-house use only. This is not meant to be a server for use
from the outside world This first software wants to be accessed from
the browser as localhost/xxxx. This means that
/etc/apache2/sites-available/000-default.conf   reads (one line
anyway):  DocumentRoot /var/www/html. The problem is that the second
program wants   DocumentRoot /var/www/html commented out and
DocumentRoot /var/www/yyyyy/web put in its place.

I would assume that would mean that apache would no longer be serving
program xxxx the way it wants to be.

Is there a way of resolving  this impass?
I'm not at all skilled enough to plan out something that would work.
Maybe I need to change the settings for both programs.

Suggestions, please?

TIA