On Mon, Jan 27, 2020 at 7:30 AM o1bigtenor <o1bigte...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you for responding!!!
>
> On Mon, Jan 27, 2020 at 6:23 AM Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Perhaps I'm not understanding either the concept of virtual hosting or how
> > > to run multiple programs on one host very well. If so - - - if someone
> > > would
> > > please advise?
> >
> > It is possible that two "applications" insist on a fixed or even
> > separate DocumenRoot, but it's just as likely that each one would be
> > just as happy to have their files found by an Alias or AliasMatch.
>
> I do not understand what you mean by this - - - - could you perhaps
> point me to where I might see how this is set up or used (or or or)
> so that I might understand what you mean. (I think I understand the words
> but I don't understand how to 'do it'.

The DocumentRoot can be viewed as just the default place URLs are
mapped to the filesystem. There's only 1 per virtual host.
To use different virtual hosts, you need separate IP addresses,
hostnames, or ports.

If you want URL-path X to lead to filesystem path Y on disk, you can
use the Alias or AliasMatch directive to customize it without using
additional IP addresses/hostnames/ports to differentiate.

But of course this doesn't help if you have two application that
expect to live on /