On Tue, Jan 28, 2020 at 7:21 AM Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > So I'm coming back to my previous question - - - - how do I set up different
> > FQDNs (hostnames) on 'one' machine?
>
> On your client you test from? Edit /etc/hosts and make up whatever
> hosts you want.
> For other users? Actually setup the hostnames you need to all point to
> the same IP.

OK this I've experimented with.
If I edit the /etc/hosts file I can add any number of names and they
all resolve
to localhost (or the machine but they all resolve to the same place).
When I change
the hostname - - - - the FQDN - - - - well I don't see how there is
more than one
option for that. So when an application complains that there isn't an
'appropriate'
FQDN (or whatever the actual wording in the complaint was) then the hostname
or FQDN was 'not' set.

So I can set up /etc/hosts like:
192.168.1.2  white
192.168.1.2  yellow
192.168.1.2  green
192.168.1.2  red
and I have different hosts. But my FQDN is still 'pink' well that
doesn't seem to work.

So what could I do to resolve this issue?

I cannot use 192.168.1.2 for my FQDN.
I do not know how to have more than one FQDN.

Do I change my machines FQDN to pink.com and then use the other hosts
in /etc/hosts?

Other options?

TIA