On Tue, Jan 28, 2020 at 13:07 o1bigtenor <o1bigte...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 28, 2020 at 9:49 AM Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > > How can I have different document roots for various applications on the
> > > same server?
> > virtual hosts.
>
> Thanking you for your assistance. To those others that had also responded
> - - - thank you - - - - I hope that this set of exchanges might be useful to
> someone else - - - - at least someday.

I feel your pain. I have a working website with multiple virtual hosts
and will be happy to share my setup (sanitized a bit) in a public
place if you're interested. The examples in the Apache docs don't show
the full power of using macros for secure and working https-only
websites.

My virtual websites all get A+ grades at the SSL Labs site here:

  https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/

Check one of my sites and see for yourself:

  https://freestatesofamerica.org

HTH

-Tom