Hi Andrew,

Welcome to this mailing list!

We've had a similar discussion about a year ago [1] and decided then to
leave the project name as it is. But if there are new circumstances we
might need to reconsider. As you may have noticed we always refer to the
project as "Apache Isis", not "ISIS". In Dutch media I see a trend of
abandoning ISIS in favour of IS and Daesh [2] but don't know the situation
well in foreign media. Personally I think the current name does not hinder
our growth and changing the name would not speed up things either. I'm
still biased to leave things as they are and devote our limited resources
in making our framework better.

FYI: the project has been named after the river Isis, the part of the river
Thames that flows through Oxford [3].

Jeroen

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ISIS-982
[2]