On Wed, 2016-10-05 at 19:39 +0200, François Patte wrote:
> > I'll probably have to go back to the Nvidia drivers anyway as the
> > Nouveau one is noticeably worse in Steam, even at low settings.
>
> I don't know what Steam is....

It's a commercial gaming platform which is supported on Linux. I'm not
a big gamer but occasionally I indulge. Unfortunately this means using
the Nvidia drivers, at least for the titles I've tried.

> I had to revert to nouveau recently
> because the nvidia driver (340-96) is unable to give a correct
> configuration if I plug a beamer on the VGA plug of my laptop.

My reason for switching to Nouveau originated in randomly not being
able to resume from hibernation when using the Nvidia drivers
(discussed on another thread). So it seems I can have either Steam or
hibernation, but not both.

poc