Le 05/10/2016 18:40, Patrick O'Callaghan a écrit :
> On Wed, 2016-10-05 at 17:50 +0200, Klaus-Peter Schrage wrote:
>> FWIW, I have reverted from the NVIDIA driver to nouveau quite often by
>> simply doing
>>      $ sudo dnf remove xorg-x11-drv-nvidia
>> which also removed most of the dependencies you have mentioned. After
>> that I could reboot into nouveau without any other alterations - just to
>> notice that nouveau is not my friend. So reverted to NVIDIA  again in a
>> similar way:
>>      $ sudo dnf install xorg-x11-drv-nvidia
>> (which, on reboot, was followed by some lenghty stop/start jobs from
>> akmod but worked in the end)
>
> That's what I would expect to work. Just perplexed that it didn't and I
> had to go round manually cleaning stuff up.
>
> I'll probably have to go back to the Nvidia drivers anyway as the
> Nouveau one is noticeably worse in Steam, even at low settings.

I don't know what Steam is.... I had to revert to nouveau recently
because the nvidia driver (340-96) is unable to give a correct
configuration if I plug a beamer on the VGA plug of my laptop.

It cannot handle different resolutions for the laptop screen (1440x900)
while the beamer has a 1024x768 resolution.

This was not the case before: I just finished to update this laptop from
f14 to f24. Under f14, I installed the nvidia driver and it perfectly
worked.

With the nouveau driver, plugging a beamer works (almost) immediately
using the xfce4 display manager (except if I want mirror screens! I have
to configure the display by hand, using xrandr).

--
François Patte
UFR de mathématiques et informatique