On Thu, 2016-10-06 at 06:33 -0300, George N. White III wrote:
> > I don't have a problem with Steam. As long as I use the Nvidia drivers
> > it works perfectly well. My problem is with hibernation. See the thread
> > starting at:
> >
> > https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/users@lists.
> > fedoraproject.org/thread/K3AI2V6AAW3SXYD4WI7AKUVP7HGYQRN5/#
> > NLCYKEWHYTODJPM7QHHUCH22LCEQOWCQ
> >

> You mentioned problems with Steam under Nouveau.  Sorting that means more
> people, including you, can use Nouveau.   Sorting a problem involving
> Nvidia
> drivers is more likely to be an exercise in frustration since we aren't
> allowed
> to see big parts of the code that might be involved.

No doubt, but a) I'm not an expert on graphics drivers so realistically
I can't contribute anything useful to the Nouveau project other than
testing stuff, and b) the Nvidia hardware is proprietary and (I assume)
incompletely documented. This is true of a lot of GPU chipsets. The
proprietary drivers work better because they use undocumented features.
Apparently

poc