Hello:

I'm having some issues with Open MPI 1.4.1 and Pathscale compiler
(version 3.2). Open MPI builds successfully with the following configure
arguments:

./configure --with-openib=/usr --with-openib-libdir=/usr/lib64
--with-sge --enable-static CC=pathcc CXX=pathCC F77=pathf90 F90=pathf90
FC=pathf90

(we have OpenFabrics 1.2 Infiniband drivers, by the way)

However, applications hang on MPI_Init (or maybe MPI_Comm_rank or
MPI_Comm_size, a basic hello-world anyway doesn't print 'Hello World
from node...'). I tried running them with and without SGE. Same result.

This hello-world works flawlessly when I build Open MPI with gcc:

./configure --with-openib=/usr --with-openib-libdir=/usr/lib64
--with-sge --enable-static

This successful execution runs in one machine only, so it shouldn't use
Infiniband, and it also works when several nodes are used.

I was able to build previous versions of Open MPI with Pathscale (1.2.6
and 1.3.2, particularly). I tried building version 1.4.1 both with
Pathscale 3.2 and Pathscale 3.1. No difference.

Any ideas?

Thank you in advance,

Rafa

--
Rafael Arco Arredondo
Centro de Servicios de Informática y Redes de Comunicaciones