So I have an image imported from an external private docker registry. I'm
able to deploy an application from this imagestream. It's configured for
periodic import:

[root@os-master ~]# oc describe is testwebapp
Name:                   testwebapp
Created:                6 hours ago
Labels:                 <none>
Annotations:
openshift.io/image.dockerRepositoryCheck=2016-08-11T13:02:27Z
Docker Pull Spec:       172.30.11.167:5000/testwebapp/testwebapp

Tag     Spec
Created
PullSpec
Image
latest  docker-lab.example.com:5000/testwebapp:latest *        6 hours
ago     docker-lab.example.com:5000/testwebapp@sha256:c1c8c6c3e1c672...
<same>

  * tag is scheduled for periodic import
  ! tag is insecure and can be imported over HTTP or self-signed HTTPS

However it doesn't seem to be pulling down the latest image. I have updated
and pushed that several times, but it doesn't seem to be pulling the
latest. I've done a deploy of the application several times with the
--latest flag, but the updates never show up in the pods. The documentation
mentions that the period that it is polled is configured at a global system
level, but doesn't seem to mention where that is.