To have openshift import an image's metadata from another registry (which
finds the digest ID of the image, so that internally you can trigger
deployments that use the latest digest ID), OpenShift needs to be able to
get the correct digest ID.  When Docker 1.10+ tries to push an image, it
first tries to push as a v2schema, and if that fails pushes as a v1schema.
Because v1schema and v2schema have different digest IDs, when a v2schema is
pushed the Docker registry tells OpenShift 1.2 that the digest is the
v1schema value, but in reality only the v2schema value can be pulled.

OpenShift 1.3 adds support for using the newer registry client so that it
gets the v2schema value.  We hope to cut an rc very soon, but until then,
if you want to have openshift import images by digest (what most of the
tools do by default) you need to push your images using Docker 1.9.  If you
want to bypass the import by digest, you can use the `--reference` flag
which only imports the tag name (but includes none of the metadata):

    oc tag --reference --source=docker SOME_DOCKER_TAG IMAGESTREAM:TAG