Hi Mazka,

Maczka Michal wrote:
There may one day be a bridge to adapt Maven's repository to native
systems for things like distributions but when a project creates a Maven
POM they expect it to work for people developing on all platforms. They
aren't concerned about platform specifics and this has never really been
the concern of Maven insofar as development goes.

I don't have much experience with native liblaries but I think that at least
maven should be able to help people who are using liblaries like SWT
(there is quite a lot of them).

In maven-artifact I solved this problem by introducing special artifact
type: "native"

With possiblity of defining "repository layout" per both artifact type and
platform in place type "native" can be mapped to following layouts:

native=${groupId}/native/linux/${artifactId}-${version}.so

There is more than one cpu-type linux runs on, and these tend to be mutually incompatible. Where does that come into play? You wouldn't want arm-linux binary C libraries attempting to use i386-linux SWT libraries ;)

cheers,
dalibor topic