There is another problem In that the children don't inherit the parents
site.xml correctly (or probably more accuratly the parents site.xml gets munged
when it is deployed.)

E.g we have a corporate pom which defines a site.xml which contains
<menu ref="modules"/>
However when this gets deployed the <menu ref="modules"> has gone.  And as any
multi-module project that has the corporate pom as its parent doesn't show the
list of it's modules...  Also it's missing any comments that where inside it.
Shouldn't the deploy deploy the descriptor as is?

E.g. the following:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<project xmlns="http://maven.apache.org/DECORATION/1.0.0";
xsi:schemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/DECORATION/1.0.0
http://maven.apache.org/xsd/decoration-1.0.0.xsd";>
        <publishDate format="dd MMM yyyy" />
                <breadcrumbs>
                        <item name="Infrastructure"
                                href="http://xxx.yyy/some/path/default.aspx"; />
                        <item name="Runtime"

href="http://xxx.yyy/some/other/path/default.aspx"; />
                </breadcrumbs>
                <menu name="${project.name}">
                        <item name="Introduction" href="index.html" />
                </menu>
                <menu ref="parent" />
                <menu ref="modules" />
                <menu ref="reports" />
 <!-- a random comment -->
</project>

Becomes
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><project>
  <publishDate format="dd MMM yyyy" />
    <breadcrumbs>
      <item name="CAB Infrastructure"
href="http://xxx.yyy/some/path/default.aspx"; />
      <item name="Runtime" href="http://xxx.yyy/some/other/path/default.aspx"; />
    </breadcrumbs>
    <menu name="NDS CAB Maven build environment">
      <item name="Introduction" href="index.html" />
    </menu>
    <menu ref="parent" />
    <menu ref="reports" />
</project>

Note that reports have gone and the name is now hard coded?

/James

This message is confidential and intended only for the addressee. If you have
received this message in error, please immediately notify the
postmas...@nds.com and delete it from your system as well as any copies. The
content of e-mails as well as traffic data may be monitored by NDS for
employment and security purposes. To protect the environment please do not
print this e-mail unless necessary.

NDS Limited. Registered Office: One London Road, Staines, Middlesex, TW18 4EX,
United Kingdom. A company registered in England and Wales. Registered no.
3080780. VAT no. GB 603 8808 40-00