From: Jason van Zyl <ja...@sonatype.com>
To: Maven Users List <users@maven.apache.org>
Sent: Fri, Oct 15, 2010 1:46 pm
Subject: Re: maven is a swamp

On Oct 15, 2010, at 3:56 AM, mremerson...@aim.com wrote:

> On Fri, Oct 15, 2010 3:00 am, Jason van Zyl wrote:
>>> A fact to note though is that I've asked over 2k people over the last two
years at talks and in any average crowd the people who care to have a different
format or DSL is around 3%.

> And I one of them :-) I always havent been a friend of XML and I happy to see
the possibilities maven3 offers (although I prefer using gradle - bygones)

> What I'm wondering most is - why the heck do you write to the maven
mailinglist how you dislike maven ? Is your intention to convince people that
they are doing bad stuff over the last xxx years ? Is it just pure boredness ?

> I dont like Ruby or Clojure - what is the reason to bother the ruby/clojure
mailing list that their syntax is apparently horrible ?

> Sorry - I dont get it... If you dont like maven - dont use it... there are
tons of alternatives around.

> Or what point do I miss here ?

I actually don't understand a single thing you said.

I'm actually not sure if you're responding to me or Kenneth.

Thanks,

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
http://twitter.com/jvanzyl

We know what we are, but know not what we may be.

  -- Shakespeare