> Does anyone have a reason why Maven snapshots would be useful or
> necessary
> to a project following CD?
>

>From what I am understanding from Jez is that it is crucial that your CI built
>with snapshots isn't "wasted". That you can treat that build as a release
>without having to rebuild. That I think was the crux of our back and forth
>banter ;-).

I agree that if you used releases only for CD, it makes much more sense. But
then how do we reconcile the flexibility one gets from working with snapshots?

I think someone else on this thread had a good idea; you'd have your CI/CD
process automatically cut a release of the core project and all of its snapshot
transitive dependencies. Once the released CD build is done, it would then have
to revert itself back to a snapshot and all versions of all transitive
dependencies that were snapshots back to snapshots.

This would definitely require some work but could be done.

I think the only loose end we have is the ability to promote a CI build (ie:
something built as a snapshot) to a release build. I don't see a solution to
that.