Ron,

It's not too hard to set up a CI process (e.g. on Hudson) that tests
the latest version of everything. Don't publish snapshots to your
repo, set up the cascade of jobs to share correctly.

If that answers a question that is useful to you, great.

If, rather, you need to somehow model all kinds of combinations of
-SNAPSHOT and non-SNAPSHOT dependencies, or you feel compelled to
publish snapshots to your local repo, chaos is just around the corner.