On 15/11/2010 11:23 AM, jhumble wrote:
I would like to see the whole "Best Practice" described. I would like
to see how Hudson users deal with mock data and incremental development
and testing of on-line applications where the MC and V teams are
working together towards a fully functional system or a working bug fix or
minor enhancement. How does one manage a production environment  with
released systems functioning while new releases are being developed and
patches are being applied to the current release?

Without wanting to bang my own drum too much, I just co-authored an entire
book which covers these topics in detail: Continuous Delivery
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0321601912?tag=contindelive-20

Read the sample pages. Nicely written. From the Table of Contents, it seems to cover a lot of ground. Some of the sections look short but the details are probably more appropriately covered in other books.

We do not yet have a lot of the problems that are described and I am not clear on how CD would help us but your book will certainly be read (as much as I get to read anything anymore) before we start down that road.

Thanks for point it out in the forum

Ron

On 15 November 2010 07:58, Ron Wheeler [via Maven]<
ml-node+3265918-383914585-143...@n5.nabble.com<ml-node%2b3265918-383914585-143...@n5.nabble.com>