Hi Wendy,

Thank you for the helpful reply! I've never used Maven on this scale before
and it's a steep learning curve! I've been trying to convert a massive multi
module project from ant to maven these past two weeks, it all compiles and
runs unit tests now, but i've had no end of problems getting the war files
to build correctly and i'm a bit worried i'm doing some of it wrong.

for example let's say i build my pdf-creation.war file. this depends on a
tree-like structure of sub modules and some in-house jar files. It seems
that when I build the war the sub module tree is pulled in and the in-house
dependencies/jars, but i think the jars are coming from the local repo. what
i would like to happen is that it sees there are new compilation changes in
the jar modules, it compiles and deploys those and then will go on to pull
in the rest of the sub modules to build the war.
or have i got that wrong and it is actually doing as i though? is there an
easy way to call the deploy plugin every time you do a package?

Cheers,
Adam