Well if the thing that one is doing is neither crazy nor stupid  =>  others
will need to do it => should be turned into a plugin

If the thing one is doing is crazy but not stupid => others may want to do
it => should be turned into a plugin

If the thing one is doing is not crazy but is stupid  => others will want
to do it => should be turned into a plugin

If the thing one is doing is both crazy and stupid => nobody else will have
a need to do it => waste of time turning it into a plugin => use antrun or
equivalent

Crazy and stupid are not insults in this context...

Eg. Crazy can actually be the smart thing... An ex-coworker of mine is
working for a company where they write MySQL database tables raw without
using MySQL at all... How else can they take the routing info from a
network switch and capture it all... That is crazy... You wouldn't want to
do that without good reason... They have good reason

Eg. Stupid can actually be the pragmatic thing... I know people who deploy
into production by pushing to the DR instance and then they "pull the power
cord" on the live nodes... That's stupid... But it gives them confidence if
their HA

The type of things that I was referring to we're the ones where you tell an
ex-coworker what you do and they say "that's crazy" or "that's stupid" and
then you get to say "you'd think so, ordinarily you'd be right, *but* in
this very specific instance..."

I think you are taking this thread far too personally

-Stephen