On Thursday, 7 March 2013, Joachim Durchholz wrote:

> Am 07.03.2013 22:41, schrieb Stephen Connolly:
>
>> Crazy and stupid are not insults in this context...
>>

> So if I call Ron a clown, and when he's considering that an insult, I
> explain to him that that's a very respectable thing to be?

People can take offence at the strangest of things.

The biggest fallacy is the "do onto others as you would have them do onto
you" mentality... It makes a lot of assumptions of others... And we all
know when we assume we make an ass of u and me.

If people want to take offence at something others say without malice, that
us life, we try to learn from it and adapt our internal models... But
sometimes it just doesn't fit.

>  I think you are taking this thread far too personally
>>

> On the other hand, I don't think you're in a position to decide that.

You are entitled to your opinion as much as I am entitled to mine. Agree to
differ and let's move on.