I don't want to overstep my bounds but even with significant compatibility
issues I think that it would be crucial to keep up with the progression of
Ant. Eventually, you'd have to abandon Ant or incur an even bigger
compatibility problem.  Not keeping up may encourage people to abandon
Maven.

Regards,
Earl Hokens

312-322-4173 (desk)