On 6/24/06, siegfried <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

I was specifically hoping to find an EJB, SWT, Swing and a boatload of web
archetypes like tapestry, spring and other MVCs.

IMO the projects themselves should provide the archetypes.  This
proves to be more difficult than it sounds... for Struts I didn't go
beyond turning the "Struts Blank" webapp into an archetype, because
after that, how should I know whether you want Hibernate, iBatis,
Spring, etc?  At that point, it's not an archetype, it's AppFuse.

The next challenge is building a multi-module archetype.  The current
best practices say to put your integration tests in a separate module,
but Archetype seems to only want to do one module at a time.  Either
you have to type 'mvn archetype:create' several times, or you stuff it
all under archetype-resources and lose the ability to specify the
package name.

I know Apache MyFaces has a couple of archetypes available, one for a
webapp, and the other for a JSF component library.  I think that's how
it will continue, once projects convert to Maven 2 (it's inevitable,
right?) they will provide their own archetypes.

--
Wendy