Is anybody aware of any working examples of assembly in practice?

The docs make sense but I'd like to see an example of using it in an actual
project.

Specifically,

1)       What is the best way to kick it off? I was thinking perhaps this is
a pre-goal for package?

2)       How can I make the output of the assembly plugin be the actual
artifact for the module?
As far as I understand, running assembly during a build would generate the
assembly but then the package phase would then create whatever package type
was defined. i.e. you'd end up with a jar that contains your assembly.

Douglas W. Ferguson

EPSIIA - Another Fiserv Connection

Development

Office Phone: 512-329-0081 ext. 3309