From: Matt Brozowski [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, August 04, 2006 11:05 AM
To: Maven Users List
Subject: Re: Assembly

On Aug 4, 2006, at 11:48 AM, Douglas Ferguson wrote:

> I have a strange project here. Basically they are building custom
> for each
> client. The build pulls custom jsp files & custom configuration
> into a war
> file with the context name based on the the client context name.
>
> What I want to do is move the custom stuff out of the main build
> and into
> separate project. Then the app itself will get built using normal
> maven. The
> client stuff can get merged in using assembly.
>
> I would actually like to figure out how to merge the client
> specific stuff
> into the the platform war to generate a composite war. Then I'd
> like to take
> that war and include some of the external config files and sql
> files into a
> zip file. I'd like this zip file to be the output for the client
> specific
> module. This is what would get released to the Web Hosting team.

I haven't played with this nearly as much as others here.  But I'm
pretty sure that if you create a war packaged project with <type>war</
type> dependencies, it will 'merge' in someway the dependencies with
the code that is in the current project.

Hope that helps,
Matt

___
Matt Brozowski, OpenNMS Maintainer                      Main:   +1 919 812
4984
The OpenNMS Group, Inc.                                 Fax:            +1
503 961 7746
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]                                        URL:
http://www.opennms.com