On Aug 4, 2006, at 11:48 AM, Douglas Ferguson wrote:

I have a strange project here. Basically they are building custom for each client. The build pulls custom jsp files & custom configuration into a war
file with the context name based on the the client context name.

What I want to do is move the custom stuff out of the main build and into separate project. Then the app itself will get built using normal maven. The
client stuff can get merged in using assembly.

I would actually like to figure out how to merge the client specific stuff into the the platform war to generate a composite war. Then I'd like to take that war and include some of the external config files and sql files into a zip file. I'd like this zip file to be the output for the client specific
module. This is what would get released to the Web Hosting team.

I haven't played with this nearly as much as others here. But I'm pretty sure that if you create a war packaged project with <type>war</ type> dependencies, it will 'merge' in someway the dependencies with the code that is in the current project.

Hope that helps,
Matt

Matt Brozowski, OpenNMS Maintainer                      Main:   +1 919 812 4984
The OpenNMS Group, Inc.                                 Fax:            +1 503
961 7746
Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]                                        URL:
http://www.opennms.com