I think maybe you haven't understood what my question means since I haven't
cleared my question clearly. :-)

  Surely I will not put the jar-files in my local repository. But sometimes I
have to put the jar-files in the remote repository in the server machine. For
example by using spring. The srpnig.jar has no version number. So I have to add
the version number to it. In this case I have to create the dir-structure in
the repository. And I don't like creating sub-dir for each version number. I
just want to put them together under the same dir.

  There is a nice way to do it. Don't start putting your own files in
 your local repository. Take a look at mvn install:install-file [1] or mvn
 deploy:deploy-file [2] if you are working with a team.

Hth,

Nick Stolwijk

[1]
 http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-install-plugin/install-file-mojo.html