What we're going to do is find a French publisher who is interested in printing the book. We want to have the same sort of deal we have with O'Reilly where we forfeit the royalties to get access to experienced editors. So I'll probably ask around to see if there are any interested publishers. Sonatype doesn't care about making money off the books we just want the book to be edited well. So the publisher can take all the proceeds from the printed book which I think works out for everyone. Editing and post production costs are very substantial for a book.

It's great there are going to be volunteers to translate but someone needs to be responsible for the overall translation. I'll set up the standard mailing lists like we've done for the Chinese and German translations. Tim keeps an eye on these and keeps folks informed about new chapters that are in the works. If you need anything you just have to ask him in English :-)