+1 for asking this question and for the responses, so far.

Leonardo, you mentioned that the stack works with tomcat7. has MyFaces
2.2(.x) been testing against tomcat8, or will MyFaces  2.2(.x) be tested
against tomcat8?

i'm sure when tomcat8 and myFaces 2.2(.x) work together to meet JSF 2.2
requirements, then I'm sure tomee will be onboard with that stack, too. how
has the chatter been between myfaces and tomee about adapting MyFaces
2.2(.x) ?