1. downloaded the 2013-09-27 tomee+ JAR
2. downloaded 2013-09-27 myfaces 2.2 api + impl JARs
3. extracted tomee+ JAR, and copied myfaces 2.2 JARs to tomee/lib
4. marked a bean in my app with MyFaces 2.2 @ViewScoped
(javax.faces.view.ViewScoped)

import javax.faces.view.ViewScoped;

@Named
@ViewScoped
public class MessengerBean implements Serializable {

which has @PostConstruct and @PreDestroy methods, and slf4j logger in both
of those methods

5. built project, dropped WAR in tomee/webapps, started tommee+
6. saw the following, which is /definitely/ related to OWB-894[1], which
has not been fixed, yet

Sep 27, 2013 11:02:24 PM org.apache.webbeans.config.BeansDeployer
isValidManagedBean
INFO: skipped deployment of:
org.apache.myfaces.cdi.view.ViewScopeContextExtension reason: Bean
implementation class can not implement
javax.enterprise.inject.spi.Extension.!

6. logged into my app, and began testing the myfaces 2.2 @ViewScoped bean
(MessengerBean); below is login, 'render' view via ui:include
src=#{bean.dynamicInclude} and close view twice

Sep 27, 2013 11:06:35 PM jsf.users.pf_UsersController loginUser
INFO: administrator logged in at 09/27/2013 11:06 PM
Sep 27, 2013 11:06:54 PM pf.MessengerBean init
INFO: pf.MessengerBean@7a26d557
Sep 27, 2013 11:06:54 PM javax.faces.component._ExternalSpecifications
isBeanValidationAvailable
INFO: MyFaces Bean Validation support enabled
Sep 27, 2013 11:07:03 PM pf.MessengerBean releaseResources
INFO: pf.MessengerBean@7a26d557
Sep 27, 2013 11:07:25 PM pf.MessengerBean init
INFO: pf.MessengerBean@1d124610
Sep 27, 2013 11:07:39 PM pf.MessengerBean releaseResources
INFO: pf.MessengerBean@1d124610

7. next, I 'rendered' via again via ui:include
src="#{bean.dynamicInclude}"; look at the bean ID

Sep 27, 2013 11:08:57 PM pf.MessengerBean init
INFO: pf.MessengerBean@7b868842

8. did a GET by pressing F5 key in browser (google chrome), so new bean was
constructed and the previous bean is still out there in la-la land :)

Sep 27, 2013 11:09:13 PM pf.MessengerBean init
INFO: pf.MessengerBean@58375a42

9. close view similar to what I did in #6 above...via
commandButton/PrimeFaces-menuitem POST
action="#{bean.methodThatReturnsNonNullOutcome}"

Sep 27, 2013 11:09:22 PM pf.MessengerBean releaseResources
INFO: pf.MessengerBean@58375a42

10. did a GET immediately after POST in #9 above, and bean was constructed
and destroyed

Sep 27, 2013 11:09:32 PM pf.MessengerBean init
INFO: pf.MessengerBean@77ed8c1a
Sep 27, 2013 11:09:32 PM pf.MessengerBean releaseResources
INFO: pf.MessengerBean@77ed8c1a

11. rendered view again like I did in # 6 and 7, above

Sep 27, 2013 11:10:05 PM pf.MessengerBean init
INFO: pf.MessengerBean@37a1a0e5

12. did a user logout, which invokes session.invalidate(), but the bean in
la-la land (see #8 above) is not destroyed 'immediately' and the bean
constructed via #11 above has not be destroyed (which means it is out there
in la-la land, somewhere). :)

Sep 27, 2013 11:11:35 PM jsf.users.pf_UsersController logout
INFO: administrator logged out at 09/27/2013 11:11 PM

FYI, OmniFaces CDI @ViewScoped[2] is doing something to ensure that the
bean is destroyed immediately at/after session.invalidate().

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OWB-894

[2] http://code.google.com/p/omnifaces/issues/detail?id=201