Hi, Im sure others know better but here's my story as early adopter.

I am -1 against adoption if you use c:forEach because it's been rewritten
or greatly improved upon somehow. As a consequence I was blocked by
MYFACES-3853 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES-3853> for a
while. As a fix I used the new parameter:

<context-param>
    <param-name>org.apache.myfaces.STRICT_JSF_2_FACELETS_COMPATIBILITY
</param-name>
    <param-value>true</param-value>
</context-param>

And I upgraded to a snaphot fast. That same snapshot messed up the id
generation for me if I kept above parameter, luckily everything worked when
I removed it but I still got that card house feeling. To summarize I think
above parameter is broken in 2.2.1 but I have not tried to reproduce and
ofc could be my setup somehow.

Also I am contemplating dropping TomEE as my appserver and use mojarra for
now because of MYFACES-3865<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES-3865>
I have a release in two days and at this point I just need everything to
work. Again it might just be me (all though
MYFACES-3865<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES-3865> has
at least two other reporters as seen in the linked conversation on the
list). Getting mojarra to work with TomEE failed for me so something has to
give and It seems I will fall back on Tomcat, use Mojarra and then
reattempt myfaces and TomEE for at a later release.

My other smaller app, my side projects, etc. Are all working fine (they
also don't need any  enctype="multipart/form-data" that I have trouble
with).

cheers