I found 2.2 to be very stable, almost a drop in replacement for 2.1.

Using the new file upload feature of JSF 2.2 was straightforward for me. I had
a hard time with Faces Flows, but Leonardo and the others kindly helped and
fixed a few bugs - I still have to test that it is ok.

I expected many more problems to come with this new major release. I would
advise anyway anyone who does not have some experience with JSF and is not
ready to fire his debugger when encountering a strange behaviour to wait for
2.2.1 or 2.2.2 and for DeltaSpike 0.6.
There are very few glitches given the bunch of new features, but these are
still glitches.

To those persons I would advise latest JSF 2.1 + latest CODI for the time being.

Best regards,

Ludovic