On 4/17/19 10:57 AM, Geertjan Wielenga wrote:
> Can a few more people respond to this thread, please
>     On Tue, Apr 16, 2019 at 7:31 AM Ko Turk <ko.t...@hotmail.com
>     <mailto:ko.t...@hotmail.com>> wrote:
>
>         Hi Netbeans Users,
>
>         currently I am researching the strengths and weaknesses of
>         different IDEs. I think Netbeans is awesome in the integration
>         with Maven. But I am also curious what you think about this
>         great IDE!
>
>         I hope you can help me in answering the following questions:
>
>         1. What are the best Netbeans plugins to use you think? And do
>         you know some funny ones??
I don't generally install any plugins outside of those that NetBeans
provides or downloads for me (e.g. nb-javac).

>         2. Are there any upcoming cool features?
C/C++ support is coming up.

>         3. What could be improved?
JavaFX support seems problematical. Some people have reported problems
with FX projects, while others have proposed wildly differing solutions.

>         4. Why should the whole world use this IDE?
Because it just works out-of-box (it even includes a profiler) and it's
open source. And, of course... because it's an Apache project!

>         5. First IDE that you ever used? And why?
NetBeans 3.3(?) sometime around 2000. We'd been coding small desktop
Java apps for our factory and warehouse using a text editor, which was
impractical. We first looked at an early version of NetBeans, which
didn't perform well. Then we looked at IBM's Visual Age for Java, which
taught us the true meaning of pain and suffering. By this time NetBeans
had matured enough to be useful, and the company was still using it when
I retired in 2014.

--
Glenn Holmer (Linux registered user #16682)