Maybe you can provide instructions on the site about how to set up the
sources so they can be run in NetBeans (and then once I have that working,
I'll work on how to debug from there, using GNU debugger on Mac, which I
have working now for standard C/C++ projects, but can't start applying to
your project until I have set it up correctly in the way that you have it).

Gj