I find the distinction between LTS and feature release is great, but I
do find the use of the minor number to denote a feature release a
little confusing. I think it's just a little cognitive dissonance
between semantic versioning practice, pre-Apache Netbeans release
cycles, and current Netbeans release.  Maybe it is just something for
me to get used to.

One note is that Node uses major numbers to distinguish LTS vs.
feature releases.  Java also uses major numbers for ongoing feature
releases (i.e., 11 is LTS, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 has been feature
releases) and JavaFX as well (11 is LTS, 15 is latest feature
release).  I wonder if having something like this would help clarify
the release cycles for Netbeans.  (i.e., even major numbers are LTS,
odd numbers are feature releases)