I am quite new to this and so far I am happy with the versioning scheme.
However from this discussion I see the same flaw as Alan:
Let's say you are on non-LTS V.3 you upgrade to (V+1).0 and end up being on the
"LTS-track" and will not get informed about new non-LTS upgrades?
Or are there generally no information about a new upgrade version apart the
website / mailing list?

Andreas