> -1 from me.  I think we made the right steps previously, and perhaps
> should look at whether particular templates need updating or removing
> entirely.  But Ant still has its place, particularly with regard to
> the platform.
>
> I'd also prefer an unopinionated IDE.  And from an ASF perspective,
> Ant is still an active project here - Apache's IDE should possibly not
> be deciding when it's time to retire it! :-)

+1 to Neil's comment! An IDE should remain a tool and not a ruler.

We should reach out to the Apache Ant (and other Apache projects) for
collaboration with us.

> In an ideal world, the Apache Ant community would be developing and
> promoting the Apache Ant features in Apache NetBeans.
Another +1 to GJ's comment. Darn right that the Apache Ant community
should be promoting and */touting/* the Apache Ant features in NB! I
believe, if I am remembering correctly, that NB was one of the first
Java IDEs to provide integrated support for Apache Ant. And the IDE
integration for it has always be top-notch...
/*
*/
-SC