Hello,

I have an ear project with one ejb and one war subprojects,
that originates from Netbeans 7.2, using an ant build.

I have been unable to upgrade for a long time (after NB8) due
to missing wildfly plugin and other troubles, but now I'm up
and running with Apache Netbeans 12.6 !

We did that after upgrading our project from wildfly 10 to 25,
and this was a very painful process that took over a week,
and we had to patch and change all those file in nbproject like
build.xml
nbproject/ant-deploy.xml
nbproject/build-impl.xml
nbproject/genfiles.properties
nbproject/private
nbproject/private/private.properties
nbproject/private/private.xml
nbproject/project.properties
nbproject/project.xml
(and all those files 3 times, for ear, war and ejb)

all projects refer to libraries either checked in, j2ee standard
and/or provided by wildfly (like
../../wildfly-25.0.1.Final/modules/system/layers/base/com/fasterxml/jackson/core/jackson-annotations/main/jackson-annotations-2.12.3.jar)

My question is, how can I get out of this situation?

Can I move my build to a more modern build system (mvn, gradle, ...)
Can I somehow generate mvn/gradle build files from my (working) ant
project?
If not, what would be a good approach to do this manually?

(Theoretically my setup is not so exotic, it's EE6 on wildfly with
a few things manually added for wicket, hibernate (für multitenancy),
jadira, pdfbox etc)

Thanx & Cheers Tom.