From: Pieter van den Hombergh <pieter.van.den.hombe...@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 29, 2024 7:49 AM
Cc: NetBeans Mailing List <users@netbeans.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Using Mockito with Netbeans

generated tests from existing classes sounds like testing after the fact.

Then I would consider generating the DAOs from information available, like the
database schema or the DTO classes which should be of the record type.

but if you still insist, make the DAO tests inherit from a TestBase class that
configures the mocked data source.
If the DAO accepts the data source or a connection as dependency in the
injection sense, you are good to go and can verify the proper use of the
dependency by the DAO, which is the purpose of mocking.

I may find some time tomorrow to come up with a more elaborate answer.

Kind regards,
Pieter van den Hombergh.

met vriendelijke groet
Pieter van den Hombergh